How to View a Customer's Desktop without Taking Control
Use Desktop Viewing to view a customer's desktop without taking control of the device.
- The agent's Technician Group must have permission to launch desktop viewing
- During Instant Chat, desktop viewing can only be started once the customer has downloaded the Rescue Applet
- The session must be Active
- On the Technician Console Customer Desktop tab, click Launch Desktop Viewing Session. If the customer is prompted to accept or decline your request, ask them to accept.
- Use the Remote Control toolbar to manage the session. During desktop viewing, some toolbar options are disabled. All other Workspace tabs remain available.
- To end desktop viewing, click the red X on the Remote Control toolbar. Desktop viewing ends, but the session remains active.