How to Start a PC/Mac Session via Email
LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console
Follow this procedure to connect to a customer using a link sent via email.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the email connection method.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session. The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or other identifier in the Name field. You will use this name to identify the session on the Active Session tab and in the Session List.
- Select the Email tab.
- Choose how you want to send the email to the customer:
- To use your own email client and account, choose Send email via my default email client on this computer.
- To allow Rescue to send the email, choose Send email on my behalf via the LogMeIn Rescue servers and enter a valid email address in the To field.
- Additionally, technicians with the mobile add-on can select This email is for a mobile device if the customer is using a smartphone. (If you know the customer’s platform, you can choose to manually set Device Platform using the drop-down list on the Create New Session dialog box. Manual detection may be necessary if local browser settings prevent automatic detection.)
- Click Email Link. The email is generated (and sent if you chose to send the mail via the Rescue system).
- Ask your customer to open the message and click the link or paste it to his browser. The customer sees a dialog box asking him to download the Rescue Applet.
- Tell the customer to download the Applet. The download should take about 15 to 30 seconds. Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system and browser.
- Once the download is complete, ask the customer to click Run to execute the Applet. Once the Applet is installed, the customer status will change from Connecting to Waiting.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start. Customer Status will change to Active.
Sample Email Containing a Connection Link
The default text of the Connection email is set in the Administration Center on the Settings tab.
From: Technician's Name, Your OrganizationSent: Monday, December 31, 2010 3:36 PMTo: Customer's NameSubject: Connection email linkPlease click the link below to request a live supportsession:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/Customer/Code.aspx?i=2&Code=618689Best Regards,Support Team