How to Start a Mobile Session by SMS
LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console
The agent must have an active Rescue+Mobile add-on licence.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to start Private Sessions.
The agent's Technician Group must have permission to use the SMS connection method.
- On the Session toolbar, click New Session. The Create New Session window is displayed.
- Type the customer's name or other identifier in the Name field. You will use this name to identify the session on the Active Session tab and in the Session List.
- Click Send SMS. If you know the customer’s platform, you can choose to manually set Device Platform using the drop-down list on the Create New Session dialog box. Manual detection may be necessary if local browser settings prevent automatic detection.
A confirmation box appears detailing the phone number and the PIN code that has been sent to the customer in an SMS (text) message.
- The customer opens the SMS message. The customer clicks to download the applet if not already installed. Note: The download procedure may vary depending on the customer's operating system.
- Pick up the session by selecting it in the Session list and clicking Start. Customer Status will change to Active.