Controlling How Sessions are Started and Managed
Administrators can define how new sessions (both private and Channel) can start and behave in the Technician Console for organizational units assigned to them.
- How to Set Connection Methods Available to Technicians
Choose which connection methods to make available to technicians on the Technician Console Create New Session dialog box.
- How to Set Private Sessions to Start Automatically
Administrators can set all PIN Code, Link, and SMS sessions to go directly from Connecting status to Active. Technicians will be unable to change the Auto-start Incoming Private Sessions option in the Technician Console.
- How to Set Channel Sessions to Transfer Automatically
Reduce customer waiting time for channel-based sessions by automatically transferring waiting sessions to another channel. Set the amount of time to wait before initiating a transfer to the selected receiving channel. The actual transfer may take up to an additional 90 seconds to complete.
- How to Set Channel Sessions to Start Automatically
Reduce customer waiting time for channel-based sessions by automatically activating sessions at the least busy technician (defined as the technician with the fewest active sessions or the longest idle time upon session arrival).
- How to Defer Auto-start for Channel Sessions
Exempt group members from being auto-assigned waiting sessions for a configurable period of time after logging in to the Technician Console.
- How to Prevent Technicians from Transferring Sessions to Unmanned Channels
An Administrator can ensure technicians can only transfer sessions to a channel with available technicians.
- How to Exempt a Technician from Channel Session Auto-start
An Administrator can override the auto-start waiting session option for individual technicians.
- How to Schedule Working Hours and "No Technician Available" Behavior for a Channel
Apply working hours to a channel and set the default behavior in response to requests that arrive when no technician is available.
- How to Set No Technician Available Behavior for Private Sessions
Set the default behavior in response to requests that arrive when no technician is available.
- How to Set Time-outs and Warnings