How to View RemotelyAnywhere Log Files
The host will always log the following events to the application log:
- Service Start/Stop
- Remote Control Start/Stop
Follow this procedure to view log files:
- Click Preferences to access the host preferences.
- Go to Preferences > RemotelyAnywhere Logs. A list of available log files is displayed.
On the list, double-click the file you want to view.
- The active log file is named RemotelyAnywhere.log
- Older logs are stored with the naming convention RAYYYYMMDD.log (example: the log file for January 20, 2011, would be RA20110120.log)
- Click Download all logs in one compressed file to access all available logs in a single compressed archive
You can also set the following options by clicking
Option Description Directory for log files Define the folder where the files are to be saved. Leave blank to use the default location (the RemotelyAnywhere installation directory, typically C:\Program Files\RemotelyAnywhere). Keep log files for this many days Enter the number of days for which you would like to store log files.
- Click Apply. Your settings are applied immediately to the host.