How to Export and Import RemotelyAnywhere Configuration Settings
The default value for FILENAME is RemotelyAnywhere.ini in the directory the RemotelyAnywhere executable is located in. The COMPUTER parameter is the Client by default.
- Save the local RemotelyAnywhere configuration to the default text file: RemotelyAnywhere CreateIniFile All configuration data is copied, including permissions, FTP Server settings, the license key, and so on. If you do not want to import specific configuration items, you must edit the generated .ini file and remove these entries.
- Install RemotelyAnywhere to the new host, for example on SERVER1. RemotelyAnywhere install -computer SERVER1
- Stop the RemotelyAnywhere service on the new host. This is necessary, because the previous command already started RemotelyAnywhere. RemotelyAnywhere stop -computer SERVER1
- Read all settings from the default .ini file, and configure RemotelyAnywhere on SERVER1. RemotelyAnywhere LoadIniFile -computer SERVER1 The LoadIniFile command imports all configuration data contained within the text file to the host.
- Start RemotelyAnywhere. RemotelyAnywhere start -computer SERVER1
A Generated Configuration File
This example is only a partial configuration file. If you do not want to copy, for example, the VisitLength setting, remove the ValueXXXX=VisitLength line from the MetaData section.
[MetaData] Creator=RemotelyAnywhere CreatorBuildNumber=268 SourceComputer=SERVER2 Value0000=UseGraphRed Value0001=VisitLength Values=2 [UseGraphRed] Type=REG_DWORD Data=0 [VisitLength] Type=REG_DWORD