When starting remote control, I get stuck at "Verify identity!" What can I do?
SymptomWhen starting a remote control session, the connection remains stalled at the Verify identity stage.
ResolutionCheck the following items to ensure that your client is configured correctly (the computer from which you are connecting).
Solution 1: Use the LogMeIn Client
In most cases this problem occurs when connecting via browser, primarily Internet Explorer.
As a first solution, try using the LogMeIn Client desktop app to connect to the host computer.
Solution 2: Verify the LogMeIn security certificateCertain security suites may interfere with the security certificates on your system.
- Start a new remote session (Remote Control or File Manager).
- When the connection dialog is displayed, click Show details.
- Find Certificate issued by:
- The certificate must be issued by GlobalSign
- If the issuer is not LogMeIn, it may be your security/anti-virus software, such as AVAST, ESET or AVG
- In this case, add LogMeIn to your anti-virus software's safelist
- Try connecting again.
Solution 3: Disable SSL and enable TLS 1.0
- Open Firefox and Navigate to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ssl-version-control/
- Click Add to Firefox.
- When prompted, click Install Now. You are notified that installation was successful.
- In IE, click Tools > Internet options.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Scroll to the security portion in the Settings window. Remove the check marks for SSL, and ensure that TLS 1.0 is selected.
- Click Apply and restart the browser.
For Chrome, see these instructions from Google.
Adjust your computer's date and time. You can usually access date and time settings in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
Solution 4: Make sure that the date and time are set correctly on the client computer.
Solution 5: Ensure that Browser Safeguard or Rocket Tab is not interfering with LogMeIn.In the system tray, right-click on the Browser Safeguard or Rocket Tab icon and Close the program.
Solution 6: On Windows, check your proxy settings.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Select Tools > Internet options.
- On the Connections tab, click LAN settings.
- Deselect the following two checkboxes:
- Use automatic configuration script
- Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Important: If you connect via a proxy server, you must whitelist all LogMeIn domains listed in this article.
- Click OK.