What if my laptop/desktop/personal computer has been stolen?
If a computer running LogMeIn host software has been stolen, you can use the LogMeIn service to retrieve information that may be useful to the authorities:
- Log in to your LogMeIn account. The LogMeIn Home page (computer list) is displayed.
- Watch for the the stolen computer to come online.
- When the computer comes online, click the Properties link for that computer.
- In the General Settings you will see the last IP address from which the computer connected.
- Give the IP address to the police.
Note: This is the only information available that can assist the authorities. LogMeIn support cannot assist in any other way. We can help you locate the IP address from which the computer connected to the Internet, but you must rely on law enforcement officials to do the rest.