Update users' product settings
You can easily modify product settings and the attributes of each application as the default for the account, or for any user or set of users. For new accounts, all settings are enabled and active. You can modify the account-level settings to create a default set, especially for settings such as the long-distance telephone numbers for conferences that are company-specific. You can also create Settings templates that can be applied when you add users.
Apply and maintain product settings
If you apply product settings using a template during the " Add user" process, you can assign a set of new users into a group with all the same product settings. Making changes to the whole group ensures that the settings are consistent. You can also make product setting changes to any selected set of users or for any individual user.
When you make updates to the product settings on any level, you will overwrite the prior settings. For changes made to more than one user, you will not be able to view prior settings.
Access Settings page
To view and update feature settings, log in at https://admin.logmeininc.com. The page you'll need to visit depends on the number of users whose settings you are looking to change.
- To set default settings for an account, select User Settings and choose the desired product for a full view of all its settings.
- To modify feature settings for a single user, open the User Details page for the desired user by searching their name and click Edit in the top right Settings box. Then choose the desired product for a full view of all its settings.
- To modify feature settings for a group of users, select Manage User Group and then the Settings icon next to the desired group name. Then choose the desired product for a full view of all its settings.
Each audio and feature setting has two or more options you can choose from.
- On – This feature is enabled by default but the organizer can disable it from their Settings page.
- Disabled – Organizers cannot use or modify this feature.
- Off – This feature is disabled by default but organizers can enable it from their Settings page.
- Required – Organizers must use this feature and can't modify it.
OpenVoice audio is always sent over the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and so is either long distance or toll-free. The audio option is applied when an organizer schedules a conference and is included in the invitation email. You can set audio options for all organizers, groups of users, for specific users, and for specific conferences.
- Long distance number – Session attendees will see a list of number(s) they can use to dial in. You can choose which countries to provide long distance numbers for under Countries, and the session invitation will include the numbers by country. Note that the attendee's phone service provider may charge them for the call.
- Toll-free number – This audio option uses OpenVoice, which is integrated with GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and GoToTraining. Session attendees will see a list of number(s) they can use to dial in. You can choose toll-free numbers for specific countries under Countries and will pay the charges ensuring your attendees are not charged for the call. See OpenVoice toll-free conferences to learn more.
Conference management settings
- Record conference – Organizers can record up to 4 hours of any conference. OpenVoice generates a single recording file even if the organizer stops and restarts the recording multiple times during a conference. These recordings are stored on our servers in an .mp3 format for up to 12 months. Organizers can listen to the recording by clicking the recording date on the Recordings page list from their OpenVoice account on the web.
- Participants enter conference muted – To maintain a more orderly launch of a conference call, you can mute participants until they or an organizer explicitly unmutes them.
- Conference can continue after organizer leaves – This determines whether organizers can allow their attendees to continue with the conference after they leave.
- When the organizer sets this to Yes from OpenVoice, they can specify a custom value from 1 - 60 minutes to allow the conference to continue after he/she has left. IMPORTANT: The conference ends either when time runs out or the last participant disconnects from the conference. Any toll-free charges continue to accrue.
- Security code for each conference – Organizers can secure the conference by setting a security code in OpenVoice that the organizer and their attendees must provide to enter a conference.
- Client Charge Code – This adds an internal billing code of 2 to 20 numeric digits for each conference call. Select Enter Code to enter the client charge code. Organizers can use the default charge code or enter a new charge code from their Settings page.
- Manage participants who call in early – Organizers can allow two or more participants join the call before they do. Manage the specific behavior by selecting Wait or enter conference.
- Start with organizer and one participant
- Start with organizer
- Start with any two participants
- Attendee limit – Configure an organizer’s conference room to support between 25-500 individual callers. Select this setting to enter the attendee limit number.
- Organizer PIN – You can add a 4 to 20 digit PIN that organizers must enter (along with the conference code) to start a conference. The PIN can serve as a default for all organizers, or as an organizer-specific PIN. The PIN secures your conferences against use by unauthorized users.
In-session announcements settings
- Prompt participants for names when joining – Participants joining the conference call will be prompted to enter a name that will display in the participant list.
- The organizer Yes/No setting in OpenVoice determines the arrival/departure announcements. When the feature is set to Yes, the participant’s recorded name is displayed. When the feature is set to No, the arrival of a participant is indicated by a beep.
- Announce number of participants – As participants enter the conference, you can enable an announcement of the number of participants for all participants. Select Options to announce this number to all participants, only the organizer, or to no one.
- Announce arrival of each participant – This enables an announcement when a participant joins.
- Announce departure of each participant – This enables an announcement when a participant leaves.
- Automatically send attendee report to organizer – This compiles and sends an attendee report to the organizer’s email after the conference ends.
- Automatically send recording link to organizer – This sends the recording link to the organizer’s email after the conference ends.