Uninstall the Active Directory Connector
To upgrade from an earlier version of Active Directory Connector or to reinstall the current version, you must first uninstall your current version. If you choose to keep the original ADC files on your server prior to uninstalling, rename the directory to Active Directory Connector v1, where v1 is the product version number. Please note that uninstalling the ADC will not remove your existing users and accounts (as they will continue to exist in the Admin Center), however, you will need to re-create your rules and priorities again for each existing user group.
WARNING! If you are migrating from ADC v1 to ADC v2, it is absolutely necessary that you capture your existing user configuration rules for all of your user groups before uninstalling ADC v1. To obtain the most detailed information about each user groups' configuration settings, we highly recommend that you run a User Status report. For detailed migration steps, please see How Do I Update My Active Directory Connector?
You can uninstall your current version of Active Directory Connector as follows:
- If the Active Directory Connector is running, click Stop to shut down the service, then close the application.
- On the Windows server where the ADC is installed, go the Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Locate "Active Directory Connector "in the list of programs, right-click the program and select Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm, then click Yes again in the User Account Control dialog, if prompted.
- You have now uninstalled the ADC. If desired, you can install the latest version.