Set up device groups in the Admin CenterFor accounts with GoToAssist, you can create, edit, view, and delete device groups. Device groups contain sets of devices within GoToAssist and are associated with a set of experts. Device groups replace companies in Remote Support. In GoToAssist, experts can set a device group to Serve as Company which includes the additional options that existed in Remote Support companies. Once device groups have been added, experts can assign devices to the groups with filtering, drag-and-drop, or with a bulk edit. You can also set whether sessions on the devices in the group can be recorded and how you want your GoToAssist software updated.
Topics in this article
- Create a device group
- Edit or delete a device group
- Manage device group members
- Enable device group session recording and software updates
1. Log in to the Admin Center.You can now associate experts with the device group in the Admin Center. The device group will be available in GoToAssist in order to add devices to or to enable or disable session recording for the group.
2. Select Device Groups in the left navigation.
3. Click + Add a Device Group.
4. Enter a device group name and click Save.
1. In the Admin Center, select Device Groups in the left navigation.Add Users process, or on an individual basis.
2. For any existing device group in the list, click the device group name to edit the group name.
3. To delete any device group, click the trash can icon for the device group.
1. In the Admin Center, select Manage Users in the left navigation.
2. Select the expert user you want to assign to the group or groups.
3. In the User Information area, choose the link text beneath Device Groups. The text will be None Selected if no device groups are assigned, or a list of the currently assigned groups.
4. Check the device groups for this expert and click Apply.
1. In the Admin Center, select Device Groups in the left navigation.
2. For any existing device group in the list, click the settings icon to access Settings.
3. In settings, the settings do not display. Click Edit in the Session Recording box.
4. You can Enable or Disable session recording. Click Save.
5. Click Edit in the Build Versions box.
6. Select the best update option for your use of GoToAssist and click Save.
Related articlesUsing the GoTo Admin Center
Set product defaults in Admin Center
Update a user's details
Add users to your account