Manage Custom Attributes
User attributes are data fields in string format. A standard set of SCIM-based attributes for users – employeeNumber, costCenter, division, and department – are available from the Active Directory by default. These values are configured in the Active Directory Connector (ADC), and can be further customized in the Admin Center where they can then be mapped within User Sync for user info and admin reporting.
Topics in this article:
User attributes are values that are applied for all users within Active Directory.
- On the ADC, click Edit Mapping in the "Options" section.
- Modify the attributes with your desired value(s), then click OK.
- After each update, click Save at the bottom of the ADC window. Alternatively, click Revert Changes to delete any modifications made since the last save.
- You are now ready to run the ADC v2.
You must create custom fields in the Admin Center in order to map the values you configured in the ADC to be displayed as an attribute in the Admin Center within your user info and admin reporting. You can choose to add the 4 default user attribute field names (i.e., employeeNumber, costCenter, division, department) or create your own custom field names to match the values you entered in the ADC. For example, if all users within your Active Directory share the same manager, then you could add the manager's name to any 1 of the fields as a user attribute in the ADC, then create a custom field for "Manager" in the Admin Center so the name can then be mapped to your custom field for all users.
- Log in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
- Go to User Sync > Add custom attributes tab.
- Use the drop-down menu for each user directory attribute and map it to your desired value.
- Click Save when finished.
- If User Sync is not already running, toggle on the switch to enable the "User Sync is on" option.