Manually Add Users to Your Account
A primary function of the Admin Center is to add and manage your users. You can maintain up to 25,000 users in the Admin Center.
|Alternative Method - If your organization has a large number of LogMeIn product users or has a high user turnover, you may want to consider implementing the Active Directory Connector (ADC). The ADC automatically updates your GoTo account with user changes from your centralized Active Directory repository.Learn more.|
The add user process in the Admin Center allows you to:
- Add one, several, or a bulk list of users
- Choose (and modify) the invitation email that is sent out to users
- Assign your users to groups
- Assign your users to product seats
- Assign users to admin tasks and roles
- Apply a defined set of product settings to your users
If you are adding users to groups and applying modified product settings, the best practice is to do the following before you add users:
This allows you to complete the user add and setup in a single step.
Topics in this article:
1. Log in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
2. Select Add Users in the left navigation.
To add: Enter: Individual User First Name Last Name Add another user click Add another user Add multiple users click Add multiple users
To add multiple users, paste in a list of users in the following format:
firstName lastName emailName@domain.extension;nextName...
Juliette Aalund Juliette.Aalund@Example.org;Rory Abalos Rory.Abalos@Example.org;Sammy Zachs Sammy.Zachs@example.org
When you add large sets of users, they are parsed out and added 100 users at a time.
For a multiple user paste, click Apply. The names are parsed out and displayed in entry boxes.
Once your set of new users is entered on the page, all the remaining settings will apply to them. You can change their settings at any time, but the User Add is the easiest time to apply a shared configuration.
1. In the Product box, select the products the users will have as organizer. An organizer is the basic user role in the GoTo products. The list of products are those products and plans (seats) in your corporate account. The number of seats available is displayed in the left-hand navigation pane.
If you attempt to assign more users than you have seats, an error is raised and displays in the Activity Feed and the Activity History.
Note: If you encounter an error of insufficient seats when provisioning a product to a user, the billing contact can either purchase more seats before attempting the task again, or you can free up a seat by removing products from an existing user.
2. Click Administrator for this account to set the admin role options. You can make this user or users a full administrator or give them selected manager permissions for specific user groups on specific products. The full list of permissions is displayed. Click on any one of the following listed permissions to view and modify the list:
- Add and delete users
- Manage seats
- Manage organizer settings
- Add and delete groups
- Create reports
3. Click Apply to save the list.
4. Click None selected to set the groups for which the user(s) have the selected admin rights. Selecting one or more groups limits the manager's selected permissions to the users in those groups. If a user is re-assigned to an unselected group, the manager will no longer have permission to update their details.
5. Click Apply to save the list.
In the next set of steps you can configure your users with a custom (or default) invite email, the primary language, add them to a group, and apply a product settings template.
1. Click to open the Send this email drop-down.
- You can create a new invite email template, select or edit an existing template, or select the default template. Once a template is created and saved, it remains available for future use and updates. You can preview any of the email templates within the Add User process.
2. Click the Primary language drop-down to select from the available languages.
- This determines in what language the default content of the invite email is sent (any additions in a new template are sent in the language they were entered), and the language of the interface for the products the user has access to, including the Admin Center.
- Users can change their primary language setting in their personal preferences for GoToMeeting at any time.
3. Click the Group drop-down to select a group.
- The group enables you to quickly select this set of users later on and, if you choose, update product assignments and modify settings for them.
- If you have not created groups yet, the only option is No Group.
4. Click the Template drop-down to choose a settings template.
- The settings templates contain product-specific settings such as enabling or disabling recording capability, or specific long-distance or toll-free phone numbers.
- If no template is assigned, the users receive default settings. The settings are applied whether the user has access to a product or not. If a product is assigned in the future, the settings in force for that user are automatically applied.
5. When you’re done, click Save.
- If everything is correct, product seats are assigned and the selected invite email is sent containing a link to set up their account password. They must complete this required step before they can start using their new account.
Insufficient product seats
If you have oversubscribed your plan, you receive an error and the user fields are reset.
To fix this, you can:
- Purchase more product seats to assign to new users. You must be the billing contact in order to add more seats.
- Remove product seats from existing users to free up seats.
Email address is already in use
If the user you are adding has an email address that is already associated with a LogMeIn account, you will receive an error and the user fields are reset.
To fix this, you can:
- Contact Customer Care to request that the email address be removed from the existing LogMeIn account so that it can be added to a new organization.
- A representative will check if the existing LogMeIn account is actively in use, and reach out to the individual for approval to cancel or merge it with the new account. Once the email is cleared, you will be notified and can add the user to your organization in the Admin Center.
User error when adding
The following mistakes can result in being unable to add new users:
- Incorrect punctuation between users when adding a batch list of users.
- No period between the email domain and extension.
- First and last names not separated by a space.
Resolve the error you are encountering, then click Apply to add the user(s) successfully.