Error: "Please contact your company administrator for help" after logging in as a federated user
Federated user logs in to LastPass with their AD FS credentials and encounters a blank page with the message, "Please contact your company administrator for help."
- LastPass Enterprise account enabled for Federation Services (AD FS)
This issue occurs for 1 or both of the following reasons:
- Multifactor Authentication is enabled in the LastPass Admin Console and/or end user Account Settings instead of at the Identity Provider (AD FS) level
- 1 or more Multifactor Authentication policies are enforced in the Admin Console
- Disable Multifactor Authentication within LastPass via the Admin Console and/or end user Account Settings - You must set up Multifactor Authentication at the Identity Provider level (AD FS), not at the LastPass level.
- Disable Multifactor Authentication Policies in LastPass - You cannot enforce Multifactor Authentication policies in the Admin Console because this authentication will occur outside of LastPass, between your Identity Provider (AD FS) and your authentication service. For this reason, it is recommended that you enforce Multifactor Authentication policies in AD FS.