Use YubiKey Multifactor Authentication
YubiKey is a key-sized device that you can plug into your computer’s USB slot, mobile device's USB-C or Lightning port, or scan using an NFC-enabled mobile device to provide an additional layer of security when accessing your LastPass Account. YubiKeys are a secure, easy to use, Two-Factor Authentication device that are immune from replay-attacks, man-in-the-middle attacks, and a host of other threat vectors.
Please note that YubiKey is a paid account feature, and the device must be purchased through Yubico.com.
Feature availability may vary depending on your account type.
For LastPass admins, it is recommended that you complete the steps for enabling Multifactor Authentication in the Admin Console.
Limitations and compatibility
- Up to 5 YubiKeys can be associated with each LastPass account.
- LastPass only supports keymaps that are officially supported by Yubico. For a validation test, please visit https://demo.yubico.com/otp/verify
- YubiKey works with all major web browsers on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers equipped with a USB port.
- YubiKey NEO and YubiKey 5 work with:
- All major web browsers on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers equipped with a USB port
- iOS and Android devices that are NFC-enabled.
- YubiKey 5Ci works with:
- iOS devices equipped with a Lightning port
- Android devices equipped with a USB-C port