Why is my device not recognized when I log in to LastPass?
The security of your LastPass account is our highest priority. If we detect a login attempt from an unidentified location from any new computer, mobile device, or new IP address (check your IP here), we want to verify that it's really you logging in to access your LastPass Vault. To do so, a verification email is sent to the LastPass account email address (or Security email, if you have set one up) that contains a link you can click on to verify that it's you.
I checked my email but I didn't receive an email from LastPass. Where is it?
If you have set up a Security email address, please check that inbox as the email was sent there. Also, please be sure that you have added email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as contacts and to your email filter's whitelist, then prompt LastPass to send you another verification email.
What if I don't have access to my email address?
If you cannot access your email inbox but have permitted offline access in your account, you can log in offline to get a cached version of your LastPass Vault. Otherwise, you will need to recover access to your email address via your email provider, then prompt LastPass to send you another verification email.
Note: If you have a LastPass Teams, Enterprise, or Identity account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
What if the email address I used no longer exists?
Please contact LastPass Customer Care by clicking Contact Support at the bottom of this article. Once you have regained access to your account, be sure to update your account email address.
Once verified, how do I avoid going through the verification process again?
You can disable the verification requirement completely as follows:
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Disable Email Verification, check the box to enable the "Skip email verification of unknown devices and locations" setting.
- When prompted, enter your Master Password, then click OK.
Tip! For security purposes, it is highly recommended that you enable Multifactor Authentication if you choose to skip email verification.