Why am I getting an "Error: Invalid Response" message?
If you encounter this error message when you try to perform an action within your Vault (e.g., add a new site password, change an existing password, etc.), there are a few things you can try in order to resolve the issue:
- Clear your LastPass local cache – By clearing your local cache, you are deleting the local stored copy of your encrypted data. To recreate the local cache, log out of LastPass then log back in while an Internet connection is present, then try performing the action again.
- Kill all active sessions – Once this has been done, log out of LastPass and log back in and try performing the action again.
- Update the LastPass web browser extension (if being used) – Download the latest version of the LastPass web browser extension, then log in and try performing the action again.
For more information and to keep track of updates for this issue, please view the LastPass Troubleshooting Forums.
LastPass for Chrome
If you are using the LastPass web browser extension on Chrome, you should also enable the setting to grant access to LastPass across all sites.
- Open a Chrome web browser window and navigate to chrome://extensions/?id=hdokiejnpimakedhajhdlcegeplioahd.
- Select the radio button to enable the On all sites setting.