What is the difference between my local Vault and my online web Vault?
The LastPass Vault is the central hub where all of your passwords and data are stored. There are two different ways to access your Vault – locally using the LastPass web browser extension, and "online" by logging in to the LastPass website – each having their own benefits. LastPass securely syncs the data stored in your account, so that the information you see within your local extension and online web Vaults is the same. All of your items (passwords, notes, addresses, payment cards, etc.) are displayed in the left navigation of your Vault for easy access.
Note: Your LastPass Vault has an unlimited capacity of items that can be added, however, you can expect to see performance degradation when 2,000 items or more are stored.
Local (extension) Vault
You can access your local Vault via the LastPass web browser extension. Click the active LastPass icon then go to Open My Vault.
The local Vault gives you access to all features of LastPass, as well as Preferences and Settings as they apply to the LastPass web browser extension.
When you access your Vault in offline mode, you are accessing your stored data even when you don't have an internet connection readily available. This means you are accessing a locally cached version of your Vault if you have logged in to the LastPass web browser extension at least once while you had an internet connection.
Online (web) Vault
You can access your online web Vault by logging in with your username and Master Password on the LastPass website at https://lastpass.com/?ac=1. This version of your Vault allows you to control global account settings, and is optimal for situations where you cannot install the LastPass web browser extension (on a public or untrusted computer).
Please be aware that using the online web Vault does not provide you with access to all features of LastPass.
The following are limitations of using the online web Vault exclusively, without the LastPass web browser extension running simultaneously in your browser:
- Vault update mechanics are not supported, therefore the following changes cannot be received:
- Policy changes
- Changes involving shared items and/or folders (e.g., new shared items or updates made to shared items)
- Changes made to items within your Vault on another device (e.g., mobile app)
- Ability to kill active sessions
- No automatic saving & filling of site passwords
- Importing & exporting is limited to manually copy and paste of site passwords
- Sharing Keys must be manually generated, and shared items cannot be accepted until this is done
- No offline mode access
- No account recovery
- No Recovery One-Time Passwords can be used
- No persistent session (i.e., reloading/refreshing your Vault in your web browser requires that you log in again)
- No features requiring use of the binary component are supported – learn more about those features