Use the LastPass Mac App
The LastPass App for Mac allows you to view, edit, and manage your Vault directly from your desktop from a standalone application, while still giving you a streamlined access to launching your Sites into your default web browser for an automatic login.
Topics in this article:
- Download and install the LastPass Mac app from the App Store.
- Once installed, click the LastPass App icon to launch it.
- The LastPass Menu Bar icon will appear in the Menu Bar. Click the inactive LastPass icon .
- Fill in your Email and Master Password, then click Log In.
- Once logged in, the active (black) LastPass icon is displayed in your Menu Bar.
Vault features include:
- Toggle between viewing Sites, Secure Notes, Form Fills, or Favorites from the left menu.
- Add a new Site, Secure Note, or Form Fill by clicking the Add button .
- Click the Star icon to mark an entry as a Favorite.
- Click the Launch icon to launch the Site in your default web browser (icons will reflect in your default web browser).
- Click the Copy icon to copy the item to the clipboard to paste it later. When an item is copied to the clipboard, the Menu Bar icon will turn red.
- Select Security Challenge to start the Security Challenge.
Generate a new password:
In the Details pane, you can generate a new password by clicking Generate New Password. Note that you will still have to change your password on the website.
Quickly access everything you need for the LastPass app from the Menu Bar icon.
Quick Search and Hotkeys
Make your LastPass for Mac experience faster by using Quick Search and hotkeys. The Vault and Quick Search can be opened by clicking on the Menu Bar icon, or you can use the following hotkeys (these can be changed in Preferences):
- Shift +Command +L (⇧⌘L) – Open Quick Search to quickly search for any item in the Vault or filter by logins
- Enable in Preferences – Open the Vault
Open Preferences by clicking on the LastPass icon in your Menu Bar and selecting Preferences. In Preferences, accordion-item your security preferences to control when the LastPass for Mac app logs out and in. Change your hotkey preferences to new keys if desired.
Touch ID Bar
You can unlock the LastPass app with your fingerprint via the Touch ID Bar feature as follows:
- On the touch bar, tap your fingerprint as indicated by the touch bar notification.
- Click the LastPass icon in your Menu Bar.
- Click Log Off to sign out of your current LastPass account, or click Quit LastPass to close the application.