Use the LastPass Enterprise Admin Toolkit
Success with LastPass starts with the right resources. The resources below will help you and your business understand the benefits of LastPass Enterprise, and how to implement and use our service within your organization.
These fundamental resources will help you:
- Build a business case for investing in password security
- Evaluate LastPass Enterprise as a business password solution
- Educate employees on the benefits of using LastPass
- Achieve a successful proof-of-concept and implementation of LastPass
Topics in this article:
Get started with learning about what makes LastPass a world-class password management solution, and how your organization as a whole can benefit from using our features and tools that keeps your company data safe and secure.
Step #1: Understand Enterprise Password Management
- The Buyer's Guide to Business Password Management – A comprehensive guide to walk you through evaluating and comparing password solutions for your business.
- Review The Resource Center – The LastPass Resource Center provides many materials to help you in evaluating and building a business case for LastPass, including case studies, white papers, and overviews of key features.
Step #2: Learn the key benefits and features of LastPass
- Watch an Introduction to LastPass Enterprise (01:15) – Learn why secure password management can't wait, and how LastPass can help, in this brief video.
- Watch an On-Demand LastPass Enterprise Demo – A recorded demo introducing the LastPass Enterprise service and options available to items.
- LastPass Security Overview – A high-level introduction to LastPass' core security principles.
- LastPass Technical Whitepaper – An in-depth review of the technical details of LastPass' architecture and approach to security.
- Overview of LastPass Features and Benefits – Learn how LastPass benefits both IT admins and employees.
Step #3: Make your LastPass trial a success
- LastPass POC Project Plan – A worksheet to assist admins in planning and executing a successful evaluation of LastPass.
Successfully deploying LastPass is best accomplished with a well thought-out plan. Start by educating yourself on key administrative features, then follow our recommendations for on-boarding users.
Step #1: Understand key administrative features
- Live Weekly Admin Training – A live weekly training session with experienced LastPass Customer Success Managers, with live Q&A.
- Policies Best Practices Webinar Recording (53:23) – A recorded training of LastPass Enterprise Policies, including best practices, recommendations, and live Q&A.
- Sharing Best Practices Webinar Recording (1:02:36) – A recorded training of password sharing with LastPass, including sharing use cases, sharing features in LastPass, and best practices for businesses.
- Reporting Best Practices Webinar Recording (59:57) – A recorded training of reporting options within LastPass, including standard and custom reporting to promote employee adoption, with live Q&A.
- LastPass Admin Overview Recording (6:38) – A high-level overview of the LastPass admin dashboard and features available to admins.
Step #2: Create a deployment plan
- LastPass Deployment and Adoption Plan – An admin worksheet for crafting and implementing a successful plan to deploy LastPass and increase employee adoption of the tool.
- Add LastPass to Your Corporate Policies – Many businesses want to incorporate LastPass in their official IT policies. Use this stock language and modify as-needed to suit your IT policies or employee handbook.
Just like any other software deployment, the success of implementing LastPass in part depends on educating users about what LastPass it is and why they should use it. We recommend the following steps to ensure LastPass is successfully adopted in your organization.
Step #1: Send pre-deployment emails
- Executive LastPass Welcome Email Template (1 week prior to rollout) – Use this email template to inform your employees that LastPass will be rolled out to your organization within the next week, and let them know what to expect when it happens.
- Welcome to LastPass Email Template (a few days prior to rollout) – Use this email template to inform your employees that they will be able to use LastPass in the next few days, and let them know the key benefits of using LastPass as their password manager.
Step #2: Hang up posters and leave materials on desks to raise awareness
- Why LastPass? Flyer – Share the high-level benefits that LastPass will bring to employees who sign up to use it.
- LastPass Getting Started Flyer – Let employees know how easy it is to get started with a password manager.
- Promotional Posters – Hang posters in your office space to increase interest in using LastPass. 11 x 17:
18 x 24:
Once users know that LastPass will soon be made available to them, help them understand how to get started with their new password manager. We recommend using a combination of the below resources or integrating them with your standard IT training programs.
Step #1: Send your users a Welcome email with helpful resources
- Welcome Email Template (Post-rollout) – Use our Welcome email template to send your employees that guide your employees from the beginning of their journey once LastPass has been rolled out.
Step #2: Leave educational handouts on employees' desks
- LastPass Security Guide – A handout you can use to explain the LastPass security model and why employees can trust it.
- End User Desk Reference Guide – A handout you can print to share during trainings or leave on employees' desks.
Step #3: Leverage our training course
- Self-service LastPass User Training Portal – We offer a self-paced, modular training portal that you can share with employees to train them on the problems LastPass solves and how to get started with a password manager.
Step #4: Show your users how LastPass works
- Get Started as a LastPass Enterprise User – View a step-by-step instructional guide on how to get your employees started with using LastPass.
- LastPass End User Training Presentation – A slide deck outlining steps to get started with using LastPass.
- LastPass Advanced End User Training Presentation – A slide deck outlining how to use advanced user features and tools.
- LastPass End User Training Script – An informational script to deliver information about key features and tools of LastPass.
- Getting Started Training for Employees Video (3:39) – A brief 3-minute overview of how your employees can activate their LastPass account and start using the core password manager features.
- Extended Training for Employees Video (16:14) – An extended video explaining key LastPass features, along with a live demo of how to use those features.
- Introductory Video Tutorials – These short tutorials introduce key LastPass features and show how they work.