Use the LastPass for Windows Desktop Application
Use Application Autofill
Once you have added your application, you can use Application Autofill by doing the following:
- Open the LastPass desktop application and log in with your LastPass username and Master Password.
- Select Applications in the left navigation.
- Hover over the application, then click Launch.
- Click within the username field of your application, then hold CTRL + ALT + F on your keyboard.
- Your username and password will be automatically filled in (as well as any other fields and parameters you configured) and log you in to the application. Note: If you have more than one set of credentials for the application, a drop-down menu will display so you can select the credentials you want to use.
Use the Vault
You can use various features and tools within the Vault, including a Search field to filter sites/passwords, secure notes, form fill items, and applications.
- Click All Items or select an item type in the left navigation, then click the Add icon in the lower-right navigation to create a new password, note, form fill item, or application
- Click the user account drop-down menu in the top toolbar and select Settings to manage the following:
- Log out after idle and time selection (enabled for 15 minutes by default)
- Set pin code to require a 4-digit pin code to access
- Save a disabled One Time Password locally for Account Recovery (enabled by default)
- Click the user account drop-down menu and select Logout to sign out of your account