Use the Family Manager Dashboard
With a LastPass account for up to six family members, LastPass Families allows everyone to easily store and access all their passwords and information. The lead Family Owner purchases the subscription and is able to designate additional managers, as well as add and remove family members.
Once you create a LastPass Families account, you are both the Family Manager and Family Owner. As the Family Owner, this means another Family Manager cannot remove your admin rights (i.e., downgrade your role to be a family member) or remove you from the account.
For more information, please see LastPass Families FAQs.
Access the family manager dashboard
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Manage Family in the left navigation.
Your Family Manager dashboard loads in a new web browser tab.
Add a family member
- On the Family Manager dashboard, click Add Family Member in the top navigation.
- Enter the email address, first name, and last name of the family member you want to add.
- Click Add Family Member to send an email invitation to the family member.
- Once the user has received their email invitation, they will see either of the following:
- Not a current LastPass user – Click Activate Your Account to create a new account and join as a family member.
- Existing LastPast user – Click Join Your Family, then click Yes, add me! to join as a family member.
Add a Family Manager
- On the Family Manager dashboard, click on the name of the family member you want to update.
- Under Role, click the radio button next to Family Manager.
- Click Update, then click OK to confirm.
Remove a family member
When you are removed from a LastPass Families account, you will no longer have access to shared folders that were shared with you or the items in those shared folders. Any folders that you shared will no longer be accessible to family members. All passwords, notes, and items in your Vault will remain there, and your account status will revert to Free, unless you upgrade to Premium. Any emergency access contacts that you set up will remain setup when you leave the family.
If you want to remove a family member (whether their status is "Invited" or "Active"), do the following:
- On the Family Manager dashboard, click on the name of the family member you want to remove.
- Click Remove From Family.
- Click Yes to confirm.