Use Transakt Authentication
Transakt is an app developed by Entersekt to bring banking-grade Two-Factor Authentication to your mobile device. Transakt works with LastPass to enable you to authenticate your login by responding to a simple Accept or Reject prompt directly on your mobile device. Transakt protects you against threats such as phishing, man-in-the-middle, man-in the-browser, and replay attacks.
Note: Feature availability may vary depending on your account type.
For LastPass admins, it is recommended that you complete the steps for enabling Multifactor Authentication in the Admin Console.
Set up and configure
- Install the Transakt app on your iOS, Android, or BlackBerry device.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon for Transakt Authentication.
- For the "Enabled" option use the drop-down menu to select Yes.
- For the "Permit Offline Access" option, use the drop-down menu to choose from the following:
- Select Allow if you wish to allow access to Transakt even when you are offline. This will store an encrypted Vault locally so you can log in without using Multifactor Authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Select Disallow to prevent offline access, which requires the use of Multifactor Authentication and to be connected to the internet when using Transakt Authentication.
- For the "PIN" section, you can enter a unique PIN number (up to 6 characters) that you will be prompted for every time you sign in to LastPass (optional).
- For the "More Information" section, you can choose to be directed to this article.
- Click Update when finished, then enter your Master Password and click Continue. A QR code and 8-digit numeric code is displayed.
- On your mobile device, open the Transakt application and click the Add icon then allow access to your camera when prompted.
- You can choose to use your mobile device camera to scan the QR code displayed in your web browser, or tap Enter the Code Manually, tap to enter the 8-digit code displayed below the QR code, then tap Submit. Once your login is verified, you can click OK on the confirmation message in your web browser that your settings were successfully updated.
Using Transakt Authentication
- Open the Transakt app on your mobile device.
- On your desktop web browser, log in to LastPass at https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 with your username and Master Password.
- On your mobile device, tap Accept on the Login Request screen to verify your login, which automatically logs you in to your LastPass account on your web browser.
Using multiple Multifactor Authentication options
Please note that if you have more than one Multifactor Authentication option enabled for your account, you must select your desired default authentication option from the drop-down menu at the bottom of your Multifactor Options window in order to be prompted to authenticate with your preferred option when logging in to LastPass.
Disabling authentication for a new or lost device
If your phone number has changed or the mobile device used for authentication is lost, you can disable Multifactor Authentication via email so that you can log in to your LastPass account.