Use Toopher Authentication
Toopher is an authentication application that is no longer accepting new users due to its acquisition by Salesforce. Current users can still use Toopher while Salesforce continues to support it.
Note: Feature availability may vary depending on your account type.
For LastPass admins, it is recommended that you complete the steps for enabling Multifactor Authentication in the Admin Console.
- Download the Toopher authenticator app on your iOS or Android device.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon for Toopher Authentication.
- For the "Enabled" option use the drop-down menu to select Yes.
- For the "Permit Offline Access" option, use the drop-down menu to choose from the following:
- Select Allow if you wish to allow access to Toopher even when you are offline. This will store an encrypted Vault locally so you can log in without using Multifactor Authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Select Disallow to prevent offline access, which requires the use of Multifactor Authentication and to be connected to the internet when using Toopher Authentication.
- For the "More Information" section, you can choose to be directed to the Help manual.
- Click Update when finished, then enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Open the Toopher application on your mobile device, then tap Pair this device with a Toopher-enabled service. This will generate a unique 2-word pairing phrase.
- Back on your web browser, enter the unique pairing phrase and click OK.
- On your mobile device, tap Allow on the Pairing Request screen.
- Back on your web browser, click OK on the confirmation message that your settings have been successfully updated.
- Open the Toopher app on your mobile device.
- On your desktop web browser, log in to LastPass at https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 with your username and Master Password.
- On your mobile device, tap Allow on the Authentication Request screen to verify your login, which automatically logs you in to your LastPass account on your web browser.
Please note that if you have more than one Multifactor Authentication option enabled for your account, you must select your desired default authentication option from the drop-down menu at the bottom of your Multifactor Options window in order to be prompted to authenticate with your preferred option when logging in to LastPass.
If your phone number has changed or the mobile device used for authentication is lost, you can disable Multifactor Authentication via email so that you can log in to your LastPass account.