Toopher is an authentication application that is no longer accepting new users due to its acquisition by Salesforce. Current users can still use Toopher while Salesforce continues to support it.
For LastPass admins, it is recommended that you complete the steps for enabling Multifactor Authentication in the Admin Console.
For LastPass users, you can begin by installing Toopher on your iOS or Android device. Once installed, it is required that you follow all steps in Enable Multifactor Authentication (Users) before proceeding.
Please note that if you have more than 1 Multifactor Authentication option enabled for your account, you must select your desired default authentication option from the drop-down menu at the bottom of your Multifactor Options window in order to be prompted to authenticate with your preferred option when logging in to LastPass.
Topics in this article:
- Enable Multifactor Authentication in your LastPass account.
- Click the Edit icon for Toopher Authentication.
- For the "Enabled" option use the drop-down menu to select Yes.
- For the "Permit Offline Access" option, use the drop-down menu to choose from the following:
- Select Allow if you wish to allow access to Toopher even when you are offline. This will store an encrypted Vault locally so you can log in without using Multifactor Authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Select Disallow to prevent offline access, which requires the use of Multifactor Authentication and to be connected to the internet when using Toopher Authentication.
- For the "More Information" section, you can choose to be directed to the Help manual.
- Click Update when finished, then enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Open the Toopher application on your mobile device, then tap Pair this device with a Toopher-enabled service. This will generate a unique 2-word pairing phrase.
- Back on your web browser, enter the unique pairing phrase and click OK.
- On your mobile device, tap Allow on the Pairing Request screen.
- Back on your web browser, click OK on the confirmation message that your settings have been successfully updated.
- Open the Toopher app on your mobile device.
- On your desktop web browser, log in to LastPass.
- On your mobile device, tap Allow on the Authentication Request screen to verify your login, which automatically logs you in to your LastPass account on your web browser.
If your phone number has changed or mobile device used for authentication is lost, you can click I've lost my device on the Multifactor Authentication window. Once redirected, you can enter your LastPass email address and click Send Email to be sent an email with a set of instructions on how to disable Multifactor Authentication. If you do not receive an email, you may have a secondary security email enabled where the email was sent instead, and/or check your spam/junk email filters. If you are an Enterprise user, your account may have policies enforced that prevent disabling Multifactor Authentication via email. For these users, please contact your LastPass admin to disable it for you.