Set Up SMS Account Recovery for LastPass
As one of your Master Password recovery options, you can set up SMS account recovery by adding a mobile number to your account to receive a verification text message in case you every forget your Master Password. Using this option as a means of account recovery will trigger the Master Password recovery flow as long at least one of your browsers has captured a Recovery One Time Password (which is created by logging in on the extension at least once).
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the General tab, then scroll to the "SMS Account Recovery" section. If the correct phone number is not listed, click Update Phone.
- Click Add Number.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your country, then enter your phone number and click Send Test Code.
- Once you receive the code via SMS message, enter the code into your web browser window and click Verify. If you don't receive the SMS message, click Resend.
- Once verified, a confirmation message is displayed. You can now close that web browser window.