Set Up SMS Account Recovery
As one of your Master Password recovery options, you can set up SMS account recovery by adding a phone number to your account to receive a verification text message in case you every forget your Master Password. This will allow you to set up a new Master Password and regain access to your LastPass account.
To set up SMS account recovery, do the following:
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault.
- Click the General tab, and scroll to the "SMS Account Recovery" section. If the correct phone number is not listed, click Update Phone.
- Click Add Number.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your country, then enter your phone number and click Send Test Code.
- Once you receive the code via text message, enter the code into your web browser window and click Verify. If you don't receive the text message, first click Resend.
- Once verified, a confirmation message is displayed. You can now close that web browser window.