Set Up Okta Integration
IT admins can easily benefit from secure administration of LastPass Enterprise by using our Okta integration, which offers:
- Secure configuration and deployment of LastPass
- Automated provisioning of LastPass user accounts
- Real-time deprovisioning of LastPass user accounts
- Assigning LastPass access to groups in Okta
Topics in this article:
Syncing your Okta user directory with LastPass Enterprise requires the following:
- An active Okta provisioning subscription
- An active trial or paid LastPass Enterprise account
- An active LastPass Enterprise admin (required when activating your trial)
The SCIM endpoint used to integrate LastPass with Okta does not require any software installation.
This integration does not allow users to log in to LastPass with their Okta password. Completing the account setup steps for LastPass requires that the user create and remember a separate LastPass Master Password, which is used to create the unique encryption key for their LastPass Vault.
To register and integrate your LastPass Enterprise account with Okta, complete all of the steps in the Okta SCIM Integration Guide.
Can I assign more than one group to LastPass?
- Yes, you can assign as many custom groups to LastPass in the Okta dashboard as needed.
If I update a group in Okta, are the changes reflected in LastPass?
- If you add or remove users to a group in Okta, the change will be reflected in LastPass and an account will be provisioned or deprovisioned as needed.
Can users log in to LastPass with their Okta password?
- No. Users must create a separate LastPass Master Password when they receive their account invitation. The Master Password is used to form the encryption key to their LastPass Vault, and is never shared with LastPass (or Okta).
Can I choose to have users added to the Pending Approval tab in the Admin Console?
- No, users are automatically provisioned and will appear as live users.
How can I test that the integration is syncing correctly?
- When first deploying LastPass Enterprise with Okta, you can set up a small test group in Okta. Once you’ve confirmed that provisioning is working as expected, you can test adding and removing people in the test group. Once all testing is successful, you can then assign LastPass to all groups, or the specific groups that will be using LastPass.