Use SecureAuth Authentication
You can utilize Multifactor Authentication with SecureAuth, which generates a 6-digit, OTP (one-time password) code via SMS/Text message or via the SecureAuth app on the user's mobile device that they can use for authenticating as they log in to their LastPass account. The SecureAuth Authenticate mobile app is available for iOS and Android.
Note: Feature availability may vary depending on your account type.
To get started, LastPass admins must complete the steps for enabling Multifactor Authentication in the Admin Console.
Once the administration steps are complete, LastPass users can set up and use SecureAuth.
Please note that if you have more than one Multifactor Authentication option enabled for your account, you must select your desired default authentication option from the drop-down menu at the bottom of your Multifactor Options window in order to be prompted to authenticate with your preferred option when logging in to LastPass.
- Download the SecureAuth Authenticate app on your iOS or Android device.
- Follow the instructions to Connect an Account to your User Profile.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click on the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon for SecureAuth.
- For the "Enabled" option, select Yes from the drop-down menu.
- For the "Permit Offline Access" option, use the drop-down menu to choose from the following:
- Select Allow if you wish to allow access to LastPass even when you are offline. This will store an encrypted Vault locally so you can log in without using Multifactor Authentication in case of a connectivity issue.
- Select Disallow to prevent offline access, which requires the use of Multifactor Authentication and to be connected to the internet when using LastPass.
- When finished, click Update.
- Enter your Master Password, then click Continue.
- Enter the SecureAuth User ID to confirm.
- If prompted, enter the 6-digit code that is generated on the SecureAuth Authenticate app.
- SecureAuth is now enabled for your LastPass account.
- Open the SecureAuth Authenticate app on your mobile device.
- On your desktop web browser, log in to LastPass.
- You can authenticate in the following ways:
- On your web browser, enter the 6-digit code displayed in the mobile app. If desired, check the box to enable the option, "Trust this computer for 30 days" and provide a computer name, then click Authenticate. Learn more about managing your trusted devices.
- On your web browser, click Send SMS passcodes to have an SMS/Text message containing a verification code sent to your mobile device. Once received, enter the code in your web browser, (if desired, check the box to enable the option, "Trust this computer for 30 days" and provide a computer name) and click Authenticate. Learn more about managing your trusted devices.
If your phone number has changed or the mobile device used for authentication is lost, you can disable Multifactor Authentication via email so that you can log in to your LastPass account.