Restrict LastPass Access to Specific Countries
By default, LastPass restricts you to the country where your account was created. If you plan to travel internationally, we recommend adding any additional countries to your trusted list.
Important: Using a VPN may affect how LastPass identifies as your location (i.e., the location identified by LastPass may be where your VPN connection originates from instead of your physical location).
If you wish to restrict access to your account to specific countries (for security purposes), do the following:
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the General tab, and then click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under the "Security" section, do the following:
- Check the box to enable the Only allow login from selected countries setting.
- Check the box(es) to select the countries from which you want to allow access to LastPass.
- Click Update.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password and click Confirm.
You have selected your desired countries from which you want to access LastPass.