Require a Master Password Re-prompt
You can enable the Require Password Reprompt setting as an additional layer of security, which will require that you enter your Master Password in order to gain access to certain areas within your LastPass Vault. This setting can be managed for individual items in your Vault, or when you access an item type and/or perform certain actions via your Account Settings.
Note: If you have a LastPass Teams, Enterprise, or Identity account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Are you seeing something different?Learn how to navigate LastPass in the previous experience.
Enable Require Password Reprompt per item
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive LastPass icon .
- Enter your username and your LastPass Master Password, then click Log In.
If prompted, complete steps for Multifactor Authentication (if it is enabled on your account).
- Click the active LastPass icon in your toolbar, then use the Search field or go to All items and locate your desired site.
- Click the Edit icon to open the site entry.
- Under Advanced Settings section, check the box to enable the "Disable AutoFill" option.
- Click Save.
Enable Require Password Reprompt for item types and actions
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault:
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Alerts, locate the Re-prompt for Master Password section.
- Check the box(es) to enforce the Require Password Reprompt for your desired actions and/or items.
- Click Update.
- When prompted, enter your Master password, then click Confirm.