Require a Master Password Re-prompt
You can enable the Require Password Reprompt setting as an additional layer of security, which will require that you enter your master password in order to gain access to certain areas within your LastPass vault. This setting can be managed for individual items in your vault, or when you access an item type and/or perform certain actions via your Account Settings.
If you have a LastPass Teams or LastPass Business account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Enable Require Master Password Reprompt per item
- Click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar.
- Enter your email address and master password, then click Log In.
Result: An active LastPass icon is displayed and you are now logged in.
- Click the active LastPass icon in your toolbar, then use the Search field or go to All items and locate your desired site.
- Click the Edit icon to open the site entry.
- Under Advanced Settings section, check the box to enable the Require Master Password Reprompt option.
- Click Save.
Enable Require Master Password Reprompt for item types and actions
- Log in to LastPass and access your vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and master password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- Under Alerts, locate the Re-prompt for master password section.
- Check the box(es) to enforce the Require Master Password Reprompt for your desired actions and/or items.
- Select Update.
- When prompted, enter your master password, then click Confirm.