Remedyforce BMC App Integration
Set up an app integration so that your user can sign into this app using the same credentials that they use for LastPass.
Part 1 - Add the SSO app to LastPass
- Log in and access the LastPass Password Manager Admin Console by doing either of the following:
- While logged in to LastPass, click the active LastPass icon in your web browser toolbar, then select Admin Console in the menu.
- Log in at https://lastpass.com/company/#!/dashboard with your admin username and Master Password.
- Go to .
- If you have not previously added SSO apps, click Add your first SSO app. Otherwise, click Add app in the upper-right navigation.
- In the Search field, under the Select app section, search for your app in the catalog. Note: If you cannot find your app click Add an unlisted app.
- Click Continue.
- Go to this app’s settings to enable single sign-on. Make sure your app recognizes LastPass as the Identity Provider. Some apps allow you to upload settings in an XML file, while others require you to copy and paste the information below.
- Entity ID
- SSO endpoint
- Logout URL
- Default is selected, or select another
- Certificate fingerprint
- Certificate fingerprint (SHA256)
- Optional: If needed, you can click the Download icon to download and save the LastPass Certificate (TXT) and/or Metadata (XML) files.
- Open a new web browser window or tab to proceed with the next steps.
Part 2 - App Configuration
- Open a new tab on your browser and log into Remedyforce as an administrator.
- Click on Setup button on your top right side of the page and then select “Setup Home” from the drop-down menu.
- Before starting the configuration, make sure that you have a company domain set up.
If you don't have a domain set up, please go to “Company Settings > My Domain”. Create a new domain, and make sure your domain name is in the format: <yourworkdomain>.my.salesforce.com.
- Select “Identity > Single Sign-on Settings” on the left side menu.
- Click “ E dit” to configure the “ Federated Single Sign-on Using SAML” setting. Check the “ SAML enabled” checkbox and click “ Save“.
- To add a new entry for “ SAML Single Sign-on Settings” – click on the “ New” button.
- Please configure the information for SAML Single Sign-on Settings as follows:
- Name: LastPass
- API Name: Name of your choice
- Issuer: https://identity.lastpass.com
- Entity Id:
- If you have a custom domain setup, use https://[customDomain].my.salesforce.com
- If you do not have a custom domain setup, use https://saml.salesforce.com
- Identity Provider Certificate: Upload the certificate file you've just downloaded
- Identity Provider Login URL: https://identity.lastpass.com/SAML/SSOService (SSO End Point copied from LastPass dashboard)
- Identity Provider Logout URL: https://identity.lastpass.com/Login/Logout (Logout URL copied from LastPass dashboard)
- Custom Error URL: https://identity.lastpass.com/SAML/SSOService (SSO End Point copied from LastPass dashboard)
- Click Save.
- Copy the Salesforce Login URL. You will use it to configure your ACS URL on your LastPass dashboard.
- From the left-hand side menu select Company Settings > My Domain .
- Next to Authentication Configuration, click Edit..
- Uncheck the Login Page checkbox, then check the LastPass checkbox instead.
- Click Save.
Part 3 - Finalize the Remedyforce BMC SSO App Configuration
- Return to the LastPass Admin Console.
- On the LastPass Admin Console web browser window or tab you left open as the last step in Part 1, locate Set up LastPass.
- Under Service Provider, paste the following URL in the ACS field: https://saml.salesforce.com
- Optional: Advanced settings, add any of the following additional customizations:
- Entity ID
- The name of the app how it appears in the Admin Console (and Cloud Apps, if your users have a LastPass password management Vault).
- (also known as the Issuer ID or App ID for your app) – This is the Metadata URL of the Service Provider.
- Learn how to create roles
- Identity Provider
- Relay State
- URL to which the service provider redirects the user after processing the SAML response.
- Choose from Email, Secondary Email, User ID, Groups, Roles, or CustomID. By default, Email is selected. Depends on the configured app, check its support site.
- SAML Signature Method (optional)
- Check the box for using SHA1 and/or SHA256.
- Signing and encryption
Check the box for using
- Sign assertion
- Encrypt assertion
- Sign request
- Sign response
- Optional: Click Upload partner certificate to upload a Partner Certificate.
You can define custom attribute statements when creating a new SAML integration, or modifying an existing one. These statements are inserted into the SAML assertions shared with your app.
- Optional: To add more custom attributes, click Add SAML attribute, then use the drop-down menu to make your selections.
- During the app setup, you can click Save & assign users to begin selecting users to assign.
- To assign new users, click Assign users, groups & roles in the Users, groups & roles window.
- In the Assign users, groups & roles window select specific Users, Groups or Roles to assign.
- When selected, click Assign.
- Click Save & continue when finished in the Users, groups & roles window.
- Click Finish.
If you have already set up and saved the app, click the app in theApplications window. In the Configure app window click Save & edit users to Unassign or assign more users, groups and roles.
Result: Your SSO app is now configured! The LastPass users you assigned to this SSO app can now log in and access the app using their LastPass account.