Protect Your Data with Your Master Password
The Master Password is the password that you are prompted to create when you initially sign up for your LastPass account. Learn more.
You have the option of configuring LastPass to require your Master Password to do any or all of the following:
- Access an Identity
- Access a Site's password
- Access a Site
- Access a Secure Note
- Access a Form Fill
- Log on to a Site
To require a Master Password for one or more of the previously listed items, do the following:
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault.
- Click Account Settings in the left menu.
- Click the General tab, and then click Show Advanced Settings.
- In the Alerts section, to the right of Re-prompt for Master Password, choose the actions you wish to protect with the Master Password, and click Update. Now, every time you try to accomplish one of those actions, you will be required to enter your Master Password.
- If the system prompts you, enter your Master Password then click Confirm.
- In the future, if you wish to stop LastPass from prompting you for your Master Password for one of the items you selected, return to the Alerts section using these instructions, clear the appropriate checkboxes, and click Update.