My phone is unavailable, how do I use the LastPass MFA app?
If your phone is not accessible, you can still use the LastPass MFA app by pairing another device with the LastPass MFA app or contacting your LastPass admin.
- Go to http://identity.lastpass.com.
- Click Having trouble logging in?
- Enter your email address for your LastPass account, then click Next.
- Select My phone is temporarily unavailable > Send me a recovery email.
Result: You are sent a passwordless authentication registration email to pair your LastPass account with your mobile device.
Troubleshooting: If you encounter a message that states, "Please contact your LastPass administrator" then contact your LastPass admin for further assistance in sending you another activation email.
- Check your inbox for an email from LastPass. Warning: Before you proceed, please be aware that you will block access and delete all of your passwordless authentication data from your previous device when you click Start Registration within the email.
- Open the LastPass MFA app, then tap the Add icon to add a new account.
- Back on your desktop, scan the QR code from the activation email to pair your new mobile device.
- Choose your desired method to recover your account: