How do I manage settings for the LastPass MFA app?
Once you have activated passwordless authentication and paired the LastPass MFA app with your mobile device, you can view and manage various authentication settings within the app.
Add a new account
Tap the Add icon then scan the QR code for the account you want to register. Alternatively, you can tap No QR Code? and manually enter values into the Issuer, Account name, Secret key fields.
If needed, select Advanced settings to configure Refresh time (seconds), Digits, and/or Algorithm settings.
Refresh the app
Swipe down on the device screen to force the app to refresh to fetch new authentication requests.
View and use Temporary One-Time Passcodes (TOTP)
You can use time-based, Temporary One-Time Passcodes (TOTP) to gain access to any website you have registered as long as it supports TOTP.
Open the LastPass MFA app to view each registered account's TOTP code, which will generate a new code every 30 seconds.
To view a TOTP code for a registered LastPass account that is enabled with passwordless authentication (so that you can log in to the LastPass website, SSO Apps, and/or your Vault), tap to select your desired account, then look for the "LastPass website, SSO, vault" entry which includes the following information:
- Time-based One-Time Passcode (TOTP)
- Countdown timer until code becomes invalidated (60 seconds)
- Username or email address associated
You can also tap the More Options icon in the upper-right of the account entry to Copy, Rename, or Delete the account.
Manage registered accounts
Tap the More Options icon in the top toolbar, then choose from the following options:
- Arrange accounts – This option allows you to view a list of your accounts where you can tap & hold the Move icon next to your desired account and drag it up or down to reorder. Tap Done when finished.
- Sort alphabetically – This option automatically arranges your accounts in alphabetical order. Tap Done when finished.
Select the Sort icon in the top toolbar, then choose from the following options:
- Issuer (A-Z)
- Issuer (Z-A)
- Newest first
- Oldest first
- Custom order – You can rearrange and/or select Favorites:
- Tap & hold the Move icon next to your desired account and drag it up or down to reorder.
- Select the Favorite star next to each desired account, then select Save and these accounts will now display at the top of your list of registered accounts.
View and use One-Time Passcodes (OTP) for Workstation Login
You can use one-time passcodes to log in to your Windows or Mac workstation while your machine is online or offline. To view one-time passcodes for Workstation Login, tap to select your desired account, then locate the alphanumeric code below the name of your workstation. You can tap Copy to copy the code, or tap Delete Workstation if you no longer have the workstation and/or need to reinstall.
You can also learn about the differences between a one-time passcode (OTP) and a time-based, temporary one-time passcode (TOTP) for Workstation Login.
View passwordless authentication activities
Tap to select your desired account, then select Show activity log to view details of all your recent passwordless authentication activities, which include:
- Account email address/username
- Successful or rejected authentication attempts
- Device OS
- Web browser
- How long ago the passwordless authentication prompt was sent (in hours/minutes format)
Tap to select your desired account, then tap Log out to log out of your active session for LastPass on the LastPass MFA app.
Tap to select your desired account, then select Delete Account to unregister your selected account with the LastPass MFA app and delete it from the list.
Manage app settings
Tap the Settings icon in the top toolbar to manage the following settings:
Configure App Lock settings
Toggle on the switches for the applicable App Lock settings (options vary depending on your device):
- Face ID/Face Unlock/Biometric sensor – Glance at your device while holding in portrait orientation.
- Touch ID/Fingerprint/Biometric sensor – Touch your device's sensor to scan your fingerprint.
- Pattern (if you have not yet migrated to the LastPass Authenticator) –
- PIN/Pin Code (if you have migrated to the LastPass Authenticator) – Enter a 6-digit pin code, then re-enter it to confirm.
Toggle on the switch for the Backup setting to enable Cloud backup for your LastPass account.
View troubleshooting help
Tap the Settings icon in the top toolbar to view the following:
- Help to access the LastPass support site at https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass
- Send feedback to create a pre-populated email that contains your device information and an attachment of the diagnostic log from your device (to send to LastPass Support for troubleshooting assistance).
- Enable Diagnostic Logging to ensure a diagnostic log can be created and sent for troubleshooting (by using the Send feedback option).
- Help improve Authenticator to send anonymous error reporting data to help improve the LastPass Authenticator app.
- Our commitment to privacy to view a LastPass Blog post about privacy and user experience.