Manage Web Browser Extension Preferences
LastPass is both an online service and an extension that runs locally in your web browser to provide service, even if online access to LastPass is unavailable. You’ll want to set up your local preferences in each web browser you use with LastPass according to the level of security you feel is necessary for that location (e.g. you may want to have a longer idle timeout at home than work). You will also need to make these changes for every user who will be using LastPass (log in as each individual user to adjust the settings). Please note that the options available in Preferences will vary depending on the web browser you are using.
Note: If you have a LastPass Teams, Enterprise, or Identity account, the ability to perform these actions may be limited or prohibited due to policies enabled by your LastPass admin.
Once you access your web browser extension Preferences, you can manage your General, Notifications, Hotkeys, Advanced, and Icons settings.
You access your local web browser's LastPass Preferences as follows:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive LastPass icon .
- Enter your username and your LastPass Master Password, then click Log In.
- Click the active LastPass icon in your toolbar, then go to one of the following (based on your view):
- Go to Account Options > Extension Preferences
- Click Preferences
You can make changes per web browser and user account combination for the following settings:
- Change General Preferences
- Change Notifications Preferences
- Change HotKeys Preferences
- Change Advanced Preferences
- Change Icons Preferences