Manage Automatic Log Out
As a security best practice, you can manage settings within your LastPass web browser extension Preferences to keep you logged in, or automatically log you out of your LastPass account when it is no longer in use and/or idle.
Are you seeing something different? Learn how to navigate LastPass in the new experience.
- Log in to the LastPass web browser extension with your username and Master Password.
- Click the LastPass icon then go to Preferences.
- Select the General tab in the left navigation.
- Under Security, check the box(es) of either of the following settings that you want to enable, or leave unchecked to disable:
Automatically Log out when all browsers are closed – Specify when LastPass should log out of your session upon closing all web browsers that are in session with LastPass. Check the box to enable this feature, and when you relaunch a web browser, you will be asked to enter your Master Password. If you want to stay logged in to LastPass upon browser close, leave the box unchecked. This setting is disabled by default.
Automatically Log out after idle – Specify the maximum amount of idle time (no keyboard and mouse activity) that you want to have pass before LastPass automatically logs your account out of all active sessions across all web browsers. After the specified amount of time (in minutes), an inactive LastPass icon is displayed to indicate that you have been logged out. If you want to remain logged in to your LastPass account via the web browser extension regardless of idle time, leave this setting unchecked. This setting is disabled by default.
- Click Save when finished, then restart your web browser(s) to incorporate the setting change(s).