Log in to LastPass
After you have created an account and installed LastPass, you can log in to start saving passwords, Form Fills, and other information.
Topics in this article:
To log in to LastPass using the installed web browser extension, do the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive LastPass icon .
- Enter your email address and your LastPass Master Password, then click Log In. An active LastPass icon is now displayed in your web browser toolbar to indicate a successful login.
- If you have not enabled and set up Multifactor Authentication, you are done. If you have set up Multifactor Authentication, proceed to the next step.
- To satisfy the Multifactor Authentication requirement, do one of the following:
- Authenticate yourself on your mobile device, by tapping Approve within your mobile authenticator app.
- Your authenticator app displays a passcode for your account. Enter this code into the Multifactor Authentication window, then click Authenticate. Optionally, you can enable the checkbox, "Trust this computer for 30 days" and provide a computer name, then click Authenticate. Learn more about managing your trusted devices.
If you are unable to install the LastPass web browser extension but need to access your account, you can log in from your desktop via a web browser as follows:
- Go to www.lastpass.com.
- Click Log In.
- On the next page, enter your LastPass account email address and password, then click Log In. Optionally, if you have enabled your account to use the One-Time Password feature, you can do so instead of entering your existing password.
- If you have not enabled and set up Multifactor Authentication, you will be logged immediately into your LastPass account. If you have set up Multifactor Authentication, go to Step #4 in the previous section and complete the steps to log in to your account.
When logging on to LastPass for the first time from a mobile device, do the following:
- Download the LastPass Password Manager app for iOS or Android.
- Open the app and enter your username and Master Password.
- If you have not enabled and set up Multifactor Authentication, you are now logged in to the app. If you have set up Multifactor Authentication, proceed to Step #4 above.
- If you have not validated your account access using email verification, the system sends you an email containing a verification link. Open the email and tap the verification link.
- Switch back to the LastPass app, then enter your email address and Master Password once more to be authenticated. These settings will continue to be saved and will no longer require you to verify your identification via email from this device unless you chose to clear your mobile device configuration settings.