LastPass Free FAQs
You can use LastPass on any device, anywhere, for free. No matter where you need your passwords – on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone – you can rely on LastPass to sync them for you, free of charge. Anything you save to LastPass on one device is instantly available to you on any other device you use. When you have a password manager that goes everywhere you do, you have a strong foundation for securing and taking control of your digital life.
What's included in LastPass Free?
- Access on all supported devices (until March 16, 2021)
- Effective March 16, 2021 – Access to LastPass on an unlimited number of devices for one type of device – Either Computers (desktops and laptops) or Mobile Devices (iOS or Android phones, tablets, and smart watches). Learn more about these changes
- One-to-one password sharing
- An encrypted Vault to store and manage your site passwords, secure notes, and form fill items
- Save and fill site passwords
- Storage with secure notes
- Easy web form filling
- Secure password generator
- Extra security with Multifactor Authentication, including the use of the LastPass Authenticator
- Password auditing using the Security Dashboard (on desktop) and/or the Security Challenge (on mobile)
- Customer Support that includes Support Center with Email Correspondence (until May 17, 2021)
- Effective May 17, 2021 – Basic customer support (including Support Center articles and the LastPass Community) – Learn more
For more information about feature differences for each paid subscription plan, please see LastPass Pricing.
Will I lose any data if I switch to LastPass Free?
No – you will not lose any of your stored data, however, you will no longer be able to use LastPass Premium features – including one-to-many sharing, Emergency Access, advanced Multifactor Authentication options, use of LastPass desktop applications, and more. For more information, please see LastPass Premium FAQs.
How do I sign up for a LastPass Free account?
If you don't already have a LastPass account, you can get started by signing up for a free trial at https://lastpass.com/create-account.php. Once your free trial expires, your account will automatically convert to a LastPass Free account.
How do I convert my existing account to a LastPass Free account?
If you cancel your LastPass Premium subscription or allow your LastPass Premium trial to expire, your account will automatically convert to a LastPass Free account.