I lost my phone that has the LastPass MFA app, what should I do?
If your phone is lost or stolen, the LastPass MFA app offers a self-service option to lock your old device and activate a new device.
- Go to https://identity.lastpass.com.
- Click Having trouble logging in?
- Enter your email address for your LastPass account, then click Next.
- Select .Note: Your LastPass account is still protected because it is only accessible through your biometrics.
Result: You are sent a passwordless authentication registration email to pair your LastPass account with your mobile device.
Troubleshooting: If you encounter a message that states, "Please contact your LastPass administrator" then contact your LastPass admin for further assistance in sending you another activation email.
- Check your inbox for an email from LastPass. Warning: Before you proceed, please be aware that you will block access and delete all of your passwordless authentication data from your previous device when you click Start Registration within the email.
- When ready, click Start Registration.
- Open the LastPass MFA app, then tap the Add icon to add a new account.
- Back on your desktop, scan the QR code from the activation email to pair your new mobile device.