How to Add LastPass Enterprise Users
When you are ready to add new users to your LastPass Enterprise organization, you can do so in a number of ways. Depending on the path you want to take, you can choose to add users manually, or by using one of the automated services that LastPass offers to automate user provisioning. Please note that there is no limitation for the amount of users you can add to your account, however, you must have a license for each active user.
Step #1: Determine your provisioning method
First, let's determine which provisioning option works best for you so that you can comfortably create and manage your LastPass Enterprise users.
- Use Active Directory within your organization
- Use an LDAP server within your environment
- Have a Premium tier subscription to Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Have an Okta provisioning subscription
- Have an active OneLogin provisioning subscription
Then we recommend that you use one of the automated provisioning services provided by LastPass.
If none of the above applies to you, and instead you want to add users manually by...
- Adding each user individually
- Adding a bulk list of users (separated by a comma)
- Batch uploading a CSV file containing a list of users
Then we recommend that you add users manually via the Admin Console. Learn more.
Step #2: Add users
Once you have determined your provisioning method, you can start adding your LastPass Enterprise users.
- LastPass Active Directory Connector service
- Federated login for LastPass Enterprise using Azure Active Directory
- Federated login for LastPass Enterprise using Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)
- LastPass Provisioning API
- Azure Active Directory Integration
- Okta Integration
- OneLogin Integration
- Windows Login Integration
Step #3: Manage user settings
When adding users programmatically using an automated provisioning service, there are options to configure user settings when the user's LastPass account is created.
If you added users manually, you can view and manage various settings for each in the Admin Console, including the ability to make them an admin, requiring a Master Password change, logging them out of all active sessions, and much more.