How do I use the passive import method to store data in LastPass?
Certain password managers do not support export functions, however, running LastPass side-by-side with your current password manager will allow LastPass to pick up the data through a "passive" import.
- Log in to your current password manager.
- Log in to the LastPass web browser extension by doing the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive LastPass icon .
- Enter your username and your Master Password, then click Log In.
- An active LastPass icon is now displayed in your web browser toolbar to indicate a successful login.
- In the same web browser where you are logged in to LastPass, navigate to each of your stored site entries that exist in your current password manager.
- When your site data is filled in by your former password manager, log on to the website.
- Click Add when prompted by LastPass for each site to add to your LastPass Vault.