How do I use the Call Me feature for the LastPass Authenticator?
If your account is set up to use the LastPass Authenticator when you access your LastPass Vault and/or sign in to SSO (Cloud) apps, then you can use the "Call Me" feature to use a voice call as an alternate method of authentication.
- Log in to LastPass by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the inactive (grey or black) LastPass icon , then enter your email address and Master Password and click Log In.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and enter your email address and Master Password, then click Log In.
- When prompted to authenticate, click Call me.
- A phone call is placed from LastPass to the phone number set up for your account (which you enrolled when you set up the LastPass Authenticator as your multifactor option).
Result: When you answer the call, the automated voice states the following: "Thank you for using LastPass Authentication System. Please press the # sign key to finish your verification."
- When prompted, press the # key on your phone's keypad.
Result: The automated voice states, "Your sign-in was successfully verified. Goodbye" and the call ends.
Troubleshooting: If the automated voice states, "Your sign-in was declined. Goodbye" and the call ends, it means that you did not press the # key on your phone's keypad in time to verify. Please sign in again with your email address and Master Password to be prompted for authentication again.