How do I update my phone number for SMS account recovery for LastPass?
If you set up SMS account recovery, you can update the phone number used to send verification codes via text message in your LastPass account.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon and select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the General tab, then scroll to the "SMS Account Recovery" section.
- Click Update Phone.
- Click Add Number.
- If prompted, enter your Master Password and click Continue.
- Use the drop-down menu to select your country, then enter your phone number and click Send Test Code.
- Once you receive the code via SMS message, enter the code into your web browser window and click Verify. If you don't receive the SMS message, click Resend.
- Once verified, a confirmation message is displayed. You can now close that web browser window.