How do I update LastPass Workstation Login for Mac?
When a new version of LastPass Workstation Login is available for Mac, admins and users can update by first removing the existing version then installing the latest version on their workstations.
Step #1: Admins are notified that an update is available
Admins receive an email notification from LastPass indicating that a new version of Workstation Login is available, and the new version must be installed within 14 days of receiving the email. For security purposes, after the 14-day grace period, Workstation Login will no longer function until the latest version is installed.
Step #2: Admins download the latest version
- Log in and access the Admin Console at https://lastpass.com/company/#!/dashboard.
- Click MFA or SSO & MFA in the left navigation.
- Go to Policy > Workstation Login in the left navigation.
- Click the Mac hyperlink to download the Workstation Login silent installer for Mac.
Step #3: Admins take action (if Workstation Login is installed)
Admins who have Workstation Login installed on their Mac will need to remove their existing version and install the latest, just as their users will need to do.
- Uninstall the existing version of Workstation Login.
- Reboot the workstation (required).
- Install the latest version of Workstation Login and re-register your Mac.
Step #4: Admins deploy the latest version
Once the latest version of Workstation Login has been downloaded, admins can deploy the silent installer using their organization's preferred distribution methods.
Step #5: Admins inform users to take action
It is recommended that admins send out a communication to their users informing them that their existing version of Workstation Login will no longer function after the date specified, and that they must do the following:
- Uninstall their existing version of Workstation Login (or admins who manage their users' applications must uninstall for them).
- Reboot their workstation (required).
- Install the latest version of Workstation Login (installer provided by admin) and re-register their Mac.
You're all set!
The latest version of Workstation Login has now been installed, and admins and users can continue to log in to with workstation by authenticating with the LastPass MFA app.