How do I sign up and activate a new LastPass business account?
Welcome to LastPass! You can sign up for a trial or paid LastPass business account anytime, then activate it by creating your own unique Master Password, which will encrypt your LastPass Vault data.
What is a business account?
- LastPass Teams
- LastPass Business
You can view more detailed information for each business account type.
Step #1: Download and install LastPass
First, you will need to download and install LastPass. If you are in a locked-down environment with limited privileges for downloading and installing applications, contact your admin to install LastPass for you.
Step #2: Sign up for LastPass
Next, you can visit our Pricing by Plan page to compare the features available in each of our business plans, view pricing, and sign up for the solution that works best for your organization.
Step #3: Activate LastPass via your Welcome email
Once you have signed up for a new LastPass account, you will receive a Welcome email, which will include your LastPass username (email address) and a temporary Activation code that you will use to log in with (only once), then set your own unique Master Password that will be used to encrypt your LastPass Vault.
- Open the "LastPass account created" Welcome email you received from your company's LastPass admin.
- Copy the Activation code.
- Click Activate LastPass.
- Once redirected to the "Finish account creation" page, paste the Activation code into the field (your LastPass email address is already pre-populated for you).
- Create a new Master Password, then re-enter it to confirm. If desired (recommended) set a Reminder – this is a clue that is sent in a reminder email to help you remember your Master Password if it is ever forgotten).
- Click Continue.
Result: Your LastPass Vault is then de-crypted and re-encrypted to use your newly created Master Password to log in to LastPass going forward.
- Once your account is created, choose from the following options for installing the LastPass web browser extension:
- If you already have the LastPass installed, click OK on the confirmation page, and you are redirected to your LastPass Vault.
- If you do not have LastPass installed, you can click Install LastPass on the confirmation page to install the LastPass web browser extension and log in.