How do I sign up and activate a LastPass business account?
Welcome to LastPass! You can sign up for a trial or paid LastPass business account anytime, then activate it by creating your own unique Master Password, which will encrypt your LastPass Vault data.
What is a business account?
- LastPass Teams
- LastPass Enterprise
- LastPass MFA
- LastPass Identity
You can view more detailed information for each business account type.
Step #1: Download and install LastPass
First, you will need to download and install LastPass. If you are in a locked-down environment with limited privileges for downloading and installing applications, contact your admin to install LastPass for you.
Step #2: Sign up for LastPass
Next, you can visit our Pricing by Plan page to compare the features available in each of our business plans, view pricing, and sign up for the solution that works best for your organization.
Step #3: Activate LastPass via your Welcome email
Once you have signed up for a new LastPass account, you will receive a Welcome email, which will include your LastPass username (email address) and a temporary Activation code that you will use to log in with (only once), then set your own unique Master Password that will be used to encrypt your LastPass Vault.
- Open the Welcome email you received.
- Copy the Activation code to your clipboard or a text editor application.
- Click Activate LastPass.
- Once redirected to the "Finish account creation" page, paste the Activation code into the field (your LastPass username is already pre-populated for you).
- Click Continue.
- Your LastPass Vault is then de-crypted and re-encrypted to use your newly created Master Password to log in to LastPass going forward.
- If you already have LastPass installed, click OK on the confirmation page, and you are redirected to your LastPass Vault.
- If you do not have LastPass installed, you can click Install LastPass on the confirmation page to install the LastPass web browser extension.
You are now logged in to the LastPass Admin Console. To get started as a LastPass admin, please see the various resources within our LastPass Admin Toolkit.