How do I sign in to my Windows workstation using LastPass Workstation MFA?
As a user, once LastPass Workstation MFA has been set up, you can sign in to your Windows workstation by entering your account password then authenticating on your mobile device.
- On your workstation, enter your Windows user account password, then proceed to sign in.
Result: You are prompted to authenticate using your mobile device.
- By default, a push notification is sent to via the LastPass Authenticator app. To choose a different method, select the Having trouble? drop-down menu and choose any of the available options (depending on the policies enforced by your LastPass admin):
Authentication Method Instructions Push notification via LastPass Authenticator (default) Tap Accept when prompted. TOTP (time-based, one-time passcode) Select Enter passcode, then enter the time-based, one-time passcode (TOTP) provided via the LastPass Authenticator or YubiKey. Phone call via LastPass Select Call me, then answer the phone call made by the LastPass automated system. Press the # key to verify your authentication. YubiKey Select YubiKey, then take the applicable action based on your YubiKey device:
Remember: The last authentication method that was used will be served by default the next time you log in to your workstation.
- Insert your YubiKey device into the USB port of your computer, then wait until your YubiKey touch-button shines with a steady light and hold your fingertip on the touch-button for one (1) second to authenticate
- Tap Plug it in (if applicable), then plug in your YubiKey (using either the USB-C side for Android or the Lightning side for iOS)
- Hold your YubiKey up to the NFC reader on the back of your mobile device