How do I set up and use Touch ID for the LastPass Mac App?
If you have set up and enabled Touch ID for your macOS, you can use Touch ID to unlock your LastPass Mac App and access your Vault.
Feature availability may vary depending on your account type.
Note: Touch ID for Mac can only be used for unlocking the LastPass Mac App.
Before you begin: You must set up Touch ID for macOS before proceeding.
You can unlock the LastPass Mac app with your fingerprint via the Touch ID feature as follows:
- Open the LastPass Password Manager app on your Mac, then log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Click the LastPass Password Manager app in your dock to bring it to the front.
- From the Menu Bar, go to .
- Check the box to enable the Use Touch ID setting.
- Click OK to save changes.
- To test this feature, from the Menu Bar, go to
.The LastPass Password Manager Mac App disappears and is now locked.
- In the Menu Bar, click the LastPass Menu Bar icon then select Vault.
You are prompted to unlock LastPass using Touch ID or by entering your Master Password.
- Scan your fingerprint on the sensor of the Touch Bar (as indicated by the Touch Bar notification). The LastPass Password Manager Mac App opens and displays your Vault.