How do I reset my Master Password using mobile account recovery on Android for LastPass?
Once account recovery has been set up on your mobile device, you can reset your Master Password using fingerprint identification to restore access to your Vault.
- Open the LastPass Password Manager app, then select Trouble logging in? on the login screen.
- Tap Forgot Master Password.
- Tap Recover Account.
- Tap Recover with Fingerprint.
- Touch the fingerprint sensor on your device (don't press) to scan your fingerprint.
- If prompted, complete steps for multifactor authentication (if it is enabled on your account) and select Next.
- Enter a new Master Password, then confirm it. If desired, set a password hint (recommended).
- Select Set Master Password.
- Select Go to Login.
- Enter your username and newly created Master Password, then select Log In to access your Vault.
It is strongly recommended that you perform the following steps immediately after updating your Master Password in order to create new Recovery One Time Passwords:
- Log out of LastPass on every computer and/or mobile device where you have installed and accessed your LastPass Vault. You can check your active sessions for all devices.
- Log back in with your new Master Password.
Changing or resetting your Master Password will invalidate all one-time passwords that you generated before the change occurred (as it requires your Vault to be re-encrypted). This means that you will need to generate new OTPs after a Master Password change, as all OTPs you generated previously will no longer be listed. Learn how to generate new one-time passwords.