How do I reset my Master Password using a hint/reminder?
If you previously set up a Master Password hint/reminder (either during account creation, when you last changed your Master Password, or by manually entering one into your Account Settings), you can have LastPass send you a clue in a reminder email.
- Navigate to https://lastpass.com/forgot.php.
- Enter your email address and click Send Hint.
- An email is sent to your inbox containing the word(s) you set up as a clue to remind you of your Master Password. Tip: If you do not receive an email with a password hint, you may have set up a secondary security email where the email was sent instead ( learn more). Additionally, please check your spam/junk email filters.
- If your hint helps you remember, try logging in to LastPass once again. Troubleshooting: If your hint does not jog your memory, click LastPass account recovery within the email and follow these instructions to recover your Master Password with a Recovery One Time Password.
- Log out of LastPass on every computer and/or mobile device where you have installed and accessed your LastPass Vault. You can check your active sessions for all devices.
- Log back in with your new Master Password.