How do I request emergency access for a LastPass account?
The emergency access user can now request access from the LastPass account owner either immediately or in the future.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon , then select Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your email address and Master Password.
- Select Emergency Access in the left navigation.
- Select the People Who Trust Me tab.
- Locate the pending entry for the LastPass account owner that invited you as an emergency access user. The wait time they specified is located in the right navigation.
Note: In the image above, the designated wait time is 3 hours. This means that once you (the emergency access user) requests emergency access, the LastPass account owner has up to 3 hours to deny your request, otherwise access to your Vault will be granted.
- Hover over the entry and click Request Access.
- When prompted, click Yes to confirm.
Result: An email notification and/or SMS message is sent to the LastPass account owner indicating that emergency access has been requested and by whom.
- If there is a waiting period, the system refreshes to indicate when you will be granted access in the right navigation (unless denied by the LastPass account owner).