How do I regenerate a key for the Microsoft Authenticator in LastPass?
You can regenerate a key for the Microsoft Authenticator in order to set it up for your LastPass account again if you lost your mobile device or are concerned that the security of your existing key may have been compromised. Please note that this will require you to re-associate the Microsoft Authenticator with your LastPass account, then re-enable the Microsoft Authenticator from the Multifactor Options in your LastPass Account Settings.
- Log in to LastPass and access your Vault by doing either of the following:
- In your web browser toolbar, click the LastPass icon then click Open My Vault.
- Go to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and log in with your username and Master Password.
- Select Account Settings in the left navigation.
- Select the Multifactor Options tab.
- Click the Edit icon for Microsoft Authenticator.
- For the "Regenerate Key" option, click Regenerate.
- Enter your Master Password, then click Continue.
Result: Microsoft Authenticator is now disabled for your LastPass account.
- When prompted, click OK.